Sunday, April 21, 2013

TROOP NEWS: Wk of 04/21/2013

1) Snack/ Leader this week: Rachel
    This week we will continue our planning for awards night!  :)

2) Girls need to practice songs: I'm going to have CDs/DVDs ready for the meeting on Wednesday, but in the meantime, I'll post the videos on youtube (and link to them on our blog and on facebook) as I complete them.  Two down, a few more to go.  :)
3)  IF ATTENDING THIS SATURDAY'S STEM EVENT, PLEASE READ:  Remember, STEM Event this Saturday, 4/27.  Let's plan to meet at the front doors at noon.  (I figure that way we can eat ahead of time and avoid paying crazy $$ for lunch, but still be there relatively early- the event is from 10-4 and estimates 2 hours to complete all activities.)  I will have everyone's tickets to distribute at the door.  Anyone interested in carpooling, feel free to respond to all here to work it out.  I won't be able to carpool (coming from McDonough), but I'm sure it would work out for some of you!  The girls will need to wear jeans and a slim fitting top.  I'm bringing matching t-shirts for the girls to wear- going to keep them like a class set for big outings like this so no one loses theirs/ can't find it, etc.  ;o)  They can throw this oversized t-shirt on top of whatever they're wearing.  :)  If you haven't given me the money yet, please do- it was $5 adults and $10 for the girls.  :)
4) AWARDS NIGHT FRI 4/3: I've left a message for Glenn (of Glenn's BBQ) but haven't heard back.  That is our current plan.  If it doesn't work out, we'll likely end up at a local park, pot-luck style.  I will keep you posted.  I will be going by your response to the online survey as to whether or not the troop buys your girls' new uniform (if they are moving up a level)- so if you were undecided, please let me know as soon as possible.
5) OVERNIGHT TRIP: Planning on Fri 05/31 - Sun 06/02 in the Savannah area (visit the Juliette Gordon Low House, etc.).  I'll be making reservations within the next week or so, so please let me know if you plan to attend. Again, currently planning based on the numbers responded in the online survey, so if there's been a change from your answer there, give me a heads up!  :)
Any questions or concerns, just let me know!  :)

Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment