Friday, February 22, 2013

TROOP NEWS: Wk of 02/25/2012




First and foremost: Happy World Thinking Day!  If you're interested in earning a World Thinking Day Award, see this link for activities (they are specific to level, Daisy or Brownie, so make sure to click the appropriate link!).  http://www.girlscouts.org/who_we_are/global/world_thinking_day/

I hope everyone is having a wonderful vacation! 

Upcoming events and notes:
  1. Snack/Leader:  02/27 - Emma
                            03/06 - Abby
                            03/13 - Amelia
                            03/20 - Maddie
                            03/27 - Kharissa
  2. Cookies: Continue to sell cookies- by taking orders or taking extra cookies home.  Continue to turn in money.  If you need cookies, let me know- all it takes is a trip to the "cookie cupboard"!  :)
  3. Cookie Booths: Our 02/17 cookie booth was a success!  The girls did a great job of selling the product.  Big thanks to Amelia, Lesley, and Abby (and Abby's cousin, LOL). Next cookie booth:
    Saturday 03/02/13 10am - noon at Starbucks!  (The 03/16 cookie booth has been cancelled, but we may pick up another if we can!)

  4. Girl Scout Day at the Atlanta Opera: Saturday 03/16/2013 in Atlanta (near the 75/85 split).  Event begins at 9:30.  Girl Scouts are $10 admission and Adults are $5.  (This will be a pay-for-yourself event- NOT covered by Girl Scout funds.)   Most moms got a chance to sign up for this event at last week's meeting. If you did not- please let me know if you plan to attend!  :)
Thinking ahead:
  • End of year activities - There will be a service-unit wide bridging event (where the girls move up to their next level- we'll have several moving from brownies to juniors, and one moving from daisies to brownies), but I would like to have a troop event as well to give out awards, etc.  First year we did it at a park, last year at the BBQ place- anyone have any great ideas?  Or connections?  LOL
  • Summer Daycamp - great opportunity!  I may work it (they'll have childcare for preschool age+) and Abby will attend.  Anyone want to join us?  I have the registration paperwork I can email or print a copy for you.  :)  Just let me know!
  • NEXT YEAR.  It has come to my attention that several of our girls (mine included) will be 4th graders next year.  I know there are interests in Chorus, reading bowl, etc.  Those events (when added to faculty meetings, committee meetings, etc.) leave only Friday, Saturday, and Sunday open for meetings.  It's not a big deal to miss a meeting every now and then, but I really don't want to volunteer my time on a day that I know my daughter will be missing many times.  (Love you all, but I do it for her!)  I'll say, Fridays would be my last choice.  Saturdays are busy for everyone, it seems... I was wondering how Sunday afternoon/evenings would work?  I'm open to suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment